Tuesday, July 17, 2012

14 Months....what was I thinking?


To all of my faithful followers, all 19 of you.  I know that I promised the world to you when it came to diapers.  I know that you have been clicking refresh on my site for more than a year now....you feel like the bride left at the altar, the guy stood up for a blind date, the kid who has waited for a diaper change for way too long.   For that I am sincerely sorry!

I could give you excuses, but we all know that excuses are like diapers.... they're full of crap.  So I'm just going to pretend like it was my intention all along to not post for over a year.

Ian, Lindsey and Nathan
Good, now that we've moved past that I can talk about diapers for 2 kids......!  Yup, our first son is now 18 months old and we're going to start with cloths on our 1 month old in about a week (once we get through all of the free disposables we received).

I am going to share with you what's worked with cloth diapering over the past year, what hasn't and how we've had to modify our theory on using cloth diapers.  Don't get me wrong, I love it and we use them for all but 1 diaper change a day.  We can also take what we've learned and use that with our new son, Ian.

It was quite nostalgic the other day when I put Ian in his first cloth diaper, we used a Chinese prefold with a Thirsties cover. Oh how did I miss the days of infant poop!  Yes, really, I did.  It is so much easier to take care of then toddler turds.  For one, Ian is only eating breast milk so he is very consistent in his movements.  Nathan, on the other hand eats anything he can get his hands on which makes for a cornucopia of poop.  From size, color, shape and smell you never know what to expect.  It's like Christmas....only with poop!

Speaking of that, I happened upon this very informative chart that will help us identify the types of stool our children have.  Which type do you prefer?



I thought the following picture was also appropriate given that I am a dude and most of the time you hear about girly things like diaper cakes and whatnot.  So, if any of you ever decide to through a baby shower for a friend....don't forget about the husband.



No comments:

Post a Comment