Monday, August 16, 2010

I've opened Pandora's Box and it's full of Cloth Diapers



Holy Cow!!!!

I can't believe how much information is out there on Cloth Diapers! Over the past few days I've had several comments and emails stating that I should look into using more than just one style or brand of diaper. They brought up good points about what to use when you are at home vs. when you are out, what to use during the day vs. what to use at night and so on. I also had comments about breathability of a diaper and even using all natural fibers and the potential benefits of that. Did I say Holy Cow yet? If not.....HOLY COW!

So first of all, thank you for all of the comments and suggestions! Secondly, thanks a lot for all of your comments and suggestions (yes, that was sarcasm). Do you realize how much more work I have to do? Don't you know football season has started???? What am I going to do? OK, you don't have to answer that cause this is my blog so I'll do the talking thank you very much...

In all seriousness I am happy to have had the feedback, conversations with friends, emails from different people both in the industry and regular everyday users, and done the research I have done. I hope that by the end of this (whenever that may be) I'll have made the right decision, even if that means using a Geo Metro prefold on occasion. Furthermore (yup, I pulled out some 8th grade words for the start of this sentence), I hope that all of my ranting will actually help others out there. For most men, I know that this blog may be a lost cause until after February (that's when the Super Bowl happens ladies), but fear not because I've got archives!

My next few blogs are (hopefully) going to cover in more detail some of the things that you all have brought up regarding using more than one kind of diaper and the pro's and con's of each option. So stay tuned!

Thanks for reading!

Dan the (soon to be) Diapering Dad

4 comments:

  1. #1 Con of AIOs vs Pockets: drying time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously, check out Nicki's Best Bottom Diapers. They are AMAZING!!! I just got my hook and loop (fancy word for velcro) and the fit is amazing!!!

    http://nickisdiapers.com/catalog.php?category=1899

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm trying to load up your link Danielle, but the computer keeps freezing on me. I'll try again tomorrow! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a fan of pocket diapers myself. I always tell my customers to get one or two of each and try them all out... As you can tell cloth diapering does become an ADDICTION....All the prints all the styles....

    ReplyDelete